Purchasing.com releases Heavy Equipment Purchasing Trends whitepaper
Highlights key trends in heavy equipment purchasing and financial trends
Purchasing.com, an essential resource and first stop in the B2B purchasing process, released its first whitepaper today, "Tech Innovations Drive Increases in Heavy Equipment Leases and Rentals". The report highlights trends and analysis from an in-depth survey of business owners, managers and procurement professionals spanning a four-year period.
The report builds on findings from two time periods: January 2011 to August 2012 and January 2013 to August 2014. Respondents were asked the same two questions regarding their heavy equipment purchasing preference:
- How do you plan to finance your machine?
- Do you have a preference for a new or used machine?
"Our research and editorial team analyzed more than 71,000 inquiries related to the financing and condition preferences of heavy construction machinery. We wanted to provide both decision makers and suppliers with an in-depth look at past purchase activity and insight into future trends. Our hope is that by reading the survey results and forecast, both will have a better understanding of exact needs and motivating factors," says Jesse Semchuck, General Manager of Purchasing.com.
The whitepaper shares many interesting conclusions:
- With few exceptions, rental preference has soared in popularity
- Multifunctional equipment is becoming more and more important
- Compact track loaders are being used to replace larger single-function items like bulldozers
- Companies are more likely to purchase new equipment versus used
See the research behind these conclusions and much more by reading the complete whitepaper, available now: Tech Innovations Drive Increases in Heavy Equipment Leases and Rentals